Many households have furry family members that are just as loved as the people. Because almost 67% of all households have pets, there is a good chance many people are going to be moving pets when they move homes. While moving is one of the most stressful things a family can do, it is even more stressful for their pets. This is why Good Time Moving & Storage is here to share some tips to help you move your pets successfully to your new location.
How Do I Prepare My Pet for a Move?
The best thing you can do to make sure moving your pet goes smoothly is to start making plans as soon as you find out you will be relocating. During the planning process, you need to incorporate plans for moving your pet as well as the rest of your home. Here are some tips that will help make the move successful for the whole family, including your pets.
– One Last Trip to the Vet: If you are moving out of the area completely, this is a good time to squeeze one last visit in with your pet’s veterinarian. That way you can get any documentation you need about vaccinations and any other health concerns you may have for your pet. If your pets is anxious, you may ask your vet about any sedatives you can give your pet during the moving process to help it be less stressful on them.
– Pet ID Tags: Your pet should have identification tags from the county you live in if you have licensed and registered your pet. Take them so that if they get lost in the confusion of moving, anyone that finds them will be able to get a hold of you.
– Pet-Friendly Hotels: If you are moving a long distance, you may be looking to break the move up into more than one travel day. Make sure you are looking for hotels that are pet friendly.
– Pet Carriers: Moving can be stressful for your pet. If you have a pet carrier for them to ride in, make sure it is comfortable and has proper ventilation to ensure your pet is safe while riding in it.
– Keep Leashes Handy: It is important that you keep your leashes and harnesses accessible during the traveling portion of your move. Your pet will need to stretch its legs just like you do while traveling. Make sure you don’t forget bags that can help you clean up after your pet as well.
Local & Long Distance Residential & Commercial Moving & More in Knoxville, Antioch, Gallatin, Murfreesboro, Goodletsville, Brentwood, Franklin, Hendersonville, Clarksville, Old Hickory & Greater Nashville, Tennessee
If you are getting ready for a move, there is no one you can trust more than Good Time Moving & Storage to help you relocate with ease. We will handle everything from packing to loading and unloading your items from your new to your old place so you don’t skip a beat. Call us today!